A friend who blogs, along with a group of other bloggers, is doing entries based on themes in the Listography 2011 Book. I thought I would join with the group and see what the process will lead me to. The first list (I’m catching up) is goals for 2011.Mine, ordered as they come to me, are
- Get courageous about facing my financial challenges (yikes)
- Develop a Mindfulness Meditation Practice (see my blog that will chronicle this journey)
- Read 6 books from 6 different countries on each of six continents (ok, Oceania is more a region)–you can track my progress on this on Goodreads
- Read 36 books from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die lists. Apparently with my life expectancy, and the books I’ve already read, this is what I need to accomplish to succeed in reading them all.
- Enjoy and contribute meaningfully to my family.
- Find hundreds of geocaches. Hide some too.
- Get back to running. Log respectable times in at least 2 half marathons.
- Love my life.
- Oh, and post weekly here as an active part of the List Love Book Club and the PostaWeek Challenge through WordPress…
Ok, the second one should be easy, given my reading thing, but it’s just not. Who knows why. Perhaps my Celexa works a little too well. TMI??? It is a list of books that have made you cry. The reality is that I know a lot of the books I’ve read lately haven’t made me cry. And the list below is kinda just guessing from memory. Maybe I will have to revisit and revise this list later.
What I can say is that there are books I’m definitely avoiding because I think they will make me cry (I’ll get around to them, don’t worry). One I can think of right of the bat is A Thousand Splendid Suns. I LOVED Kite Runner and couldn’t wait to read whatever he wrote next. But then my mom said she’d cried reading it when she gave me the new one, and it’s sitting on my shelf, a couple years later. The good news is it is on the 666 shelf (see list 1 above, so it will definitely get read and added to the above by December).
Ok, that was kinda fun. Thanks list bloggers for getting me started!